Autumn larder – Roast monkfish with serrano ham, and lemon and caper butter
There’s nothing better than simplicity that looks impressive, that’s what this dish does as it delivers classy flavour without too much effort. Some hams can be a little bit salty and overpowering, try to check what you’re going to use beforehand.
Roast monkfish with serrano ham, and lemon and caper butter
200g monkfish tail cut in half lengthways
6 slices Serrano ham
50g unsalted butter
1 tbsp capers
Juice of half a lemon
- Set the oven to 180C. Wrap both pieces of monkfish in the Serrano ham so that it’s entirely covered;
- Place on a baking tray and roast for 8 minutes until tender and set aside;
- In a sauté pan melt the butter over a medium heat, add the capers and toss for 30 seconds, add the lemon juice;
- Add the ham wrapped monkfish to the pan and heat for 20 seconds on each side;
- Remove from the heat, carve the fish into three pieces and serve with the lemon caper butter poured over.